COPYRIGHT © 2008- WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY
All original images / photographs in this website are copyrighted and may not be reproduced, transmitted, altered or used in any way without prior written permission from Wayne State University.
IMPORTANT POINTS & DISCOVERIES
- Intra-amniotic infection and/or inflammation can lead to the Fetal Inflammatory Response Syndrome (FIRS) and is a major mechanism of disease responsible for numerous perinatal and infant morbidities including, neurologic handicap and cerebral palsy
- Characterization of the role of adipokines in normal pregnancy, preeclampsia, small for gestational age neonates, gestational diabetes, pyelonephritis, and spontaneous preterm labor
- Identification of placental growth hormone in the fetal circulation with novel implications for fetal growth
- The use of both cervical length and fetal fibronectin improves the prediction of preterm delivery in patients with preterm labor and intact membranes
- Failure of physiologic transformation of the spiral arteries in patients with preterm labor and intact membranes