COPYRIGHT © 2008- WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY
All original images / photographs in this website are copyrighted and may not be reproduced, transmitted, altered or used in any way without prior written permission from Wayne State University.
PLACENTAL LABORATORY - ABOUT THE PROGRAM
"Maternal-fetal medicine is the only specialty in medicine in which there are two hosts. Generally, they should have the same interests, but with the introduction of insults, the interests are often divergent."
- Dr. Roberto Romero
- Training in placental pathology and histology
- The study of the human placenta in normal and abnormal pregnancies
- Correlation between clinical presentation and histopathological/molecular phenotypes of the placenta
- Unique opportunities for basic research: cellular/molecular biological techniques, bright field microscopy, immunostaining and imaging
- Hands-on experience in the laboratory with PCR, Western Blot analysis, immunohistochemistry, cell culture, transfection experiments, gene silencing, etc
- Advanced technology such as scanning confocal microscope, laser microdissection system, tissue microarrayer, and others
- Participation in clinical pathological conferences